THE FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE
“FIGHT 4 FITNESS” 5K RUN/2K WALK, KIDS FUN RUN
& COMMUNITY DAY
SATURDAY, APRIL 19 AT SUNSET PARK IN LAS VEGAS
LAS VEGAS (Feb. 16, 2015) The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation (FMJF) is proud to present the Fight 4 Fitness 5K Run/2K Walk, Kids Fun Run and Community Day taking place Saturday, April 19 at Sunset Park in Las Vegas.
The 5K Run/2K Walk and Kids Fun Run (one half mile run for kids 12 and under) starts at 8 a.m. and is followed by an awards ceremony honoring all of the participants. The Community Day event immediately following the awards ceremony will include food, music, games, raffled prizes and health and fitness exhibitors offering their services to enhance your fitness goals.
“My foundation genuinely cares about the Las Vegas community, and we are continuing our pledge to serve with great events like this,” said Mayweather. “Staying fit and active is so important. We hope this event encourages people of all ages to work towards getting in shape and living a healthy lifestyle.”
The mission of Fight 4 Fitness is to form community alliances where awareness and empowerment serve as the nucleus for an improved quality of life. From children to adults, everyone is welcome to join the “fight” in reversing health trends that are adversely affecting our quality of life. Fight 4 Fitness is a movement toward good health through the possibilities of change that can enhance one’s own life and the lives of those around them. Participating in the Fight 4 Fitness event can be the catalyst needed to create a vigorous, happy, and healthy Las Vegas community. This unique experience invites all members of the community to run/walk independently or with friends, family, and coworkers.
The full schedule of events is listed below:
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. – 5K Run/2K Walk & Kids Fun Run
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Awards Ceremony
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Community Day
Registration for any and all events is underway and can be completed at www.runsignup.com/Fight4Fitness. Full registration dates and fees are listed below*:
- Jan 30th – March 2nd – $35 5K/$30 2K/$15 KIDS FUN RUN
- March 3rd – March 16th – $40 5K/$35 2K/$15 KIDS FUN RUN
- March 17th – March 30th – $45 5K/$40 2K/$15 KIDS FUN RUN
- April 1st – April 12th – $50 5K/$45 2K/$20 KIDS FUN RUN
- Same Day Registration – $60 5K/$45 2K/ $20 KIDS FUN RUN
* Clark County School District: First 100 students can register for free. All students and faculty can register for $20 until March 1st. The aggregate of $3 from each registration for the event will be divided and donated to 10 designated CCSD schools that have demonstrated need for support in the following areas: athletic programs, physical education and educational field trips.
For more information follow on Twitter @FloydMayweather and @TFMJ become a fan on Facebook atwww.Facebook.com/FloydMayweather and www.Facebook.com/TFMJF follow on Instagram at Instagram.com/FloydMayweather and Instagram.com/TFMJF and add on Shots: Floyd Mayweather and TFMJF.
CONTACTS: Nicole Craig, Mayweather Promotions/TFMJF: (702) 807-1788
Kelly Swanson/Lisa Milner, Swanson Communications: (202) 783-5500